It's been a while since I posted a dessert recipe and I thought that apple season was the perfect excuse to start baking again. I have a weird relationship with apples... I don't like to eat them fresh but I love to eat them cooked and sometimes I would rather go for any apple dessert than a molten chocolate cake!
Here is my recipe for a delicious french apple tart, it's so easy to make you wouldn't believe it and with this one you are sure to impress!
RECIPE for 2 tarts (16cm diameter):
Vanilla bean ice cream
For the puff pastry:
- Roll out the ready made puff pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface. Using a round bowl or cutter, cut into 2 or more rounds (picture 4)
- Prick the pastry with a fork (picture 5)
For the apples:
- Peel, core and finely slice the apples (picture 2&3)
- Place the apples on the pastry following the round shape of the puff
- Brush a generous amount of melted butter all over the tart and sprinkle with fine caster sugar and a touch of cinnamon to give it that extra flavor (picture 6&7)
- Bake in the oven at 190C degrees until golden brown (about 30/40mins)
- Sprinkle icing sugar over the tart and use a blow torch or the grill of the oven to form an extra delicious coating of caramel (picture 8&9)
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream