Monday, February 24, 2014

Maca berry smoothie


Let's kick off the week with a super healthy recipe!
Let me introduce you to MACA, my superfood craze of the moment; this Peruvian root has been used for centuries in South America and is known for its many health benefits such as boosting your energy (without the caffein effect), balancing your mood and increasing fertility, it is also rich in Fiber, Potassium and Iron amongst others. 
I usually add a tablespoon to my smoothies and recently also to my Guacamole. I'm searching the web for more recipes that include Maca powder and I'm surprised to see that there are so many, but my eyes are set on the raw coconut maca fudge bites... stay tuned!









10 comments:

  1. seems delicious!!!!



    www.letiziabarcelona.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking to incorporate maca into my diet. This sounds like a great and tasty way!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Adele, the powder by itself is a little bitter but it has quite a nice 'rooty' smell however you do not feel the taste or bitterness of it in your recipes unless you add a lot of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for recipe....yummy and healthly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, not only very healthy but super delicious looking as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Looks so great! Gorgeous pictures. I really love your blog.

    Lovely greets

    Tanja
    www.modelovers.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I have never heard of this Maca before...... Sounds amazing,I will have to check it out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is new to me but sounds worth trying. The finished smoothie looks delicious and so cute in the glass jars.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete