Friday, February 22, 2013

Trio de crêpes


On the 2nd of February I was lucky to be with my family and friends to celebrate the french festivity of Chandeleur: the festival of lights also known nowadays as crêpe day! On this day you are supposed to make traditional french crêpes and when making them you should hold a coin in 1 hand and flip the crêpe with the other hand for good luck.

For this occasion we were invited to celebrate Chandeleur at our friends house so I made a basic french batter recipe and poured it in jars which made a perfect gift to bring along.

Recipe:
- 4 eggs
- 250g Flour
- 50ml milk
- 50g butter
- A pinch of salt
- For a sweet batter add a couple of tablespoons of sugar, vanilla beans, a dash of Cointreau or Rum and a drop of fleur d'oranger essence

- Combine the eggs, flour and gradually add the milk (do not mix the eggs and flour without adding milk or you will have a very thick batter almost impossible to work with!)

-melt the butter in a small pan and add to the mixture

-add aromas to taste









Ham, Cheese & Mushroom crêpe:


Cream cheese, salmon eggs & chives crêpe:


Banana, Nutella & Chantilly crêpe:

23 comments:

  1. We celebrated Pancake Tuesday in England on 12th February. I love making pancakes and eating them with lemon and sugar. Your variations look delicious especially the last one and I'm a fan of Chantilly cream too. Gorgeous photos too!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely delicious! I love having crepes and making different combinations of what to put on.
    Would you like to follow each other?
    http://evamilano.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me really hungry. I try to eat healthy right now but I´m not sure if I could resist the banana nutella crepe. One wouldn´t hurt right? :-)

    xx

    glamdevils

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crepes so much! These looks so delicious. Love the last one. Great photos and post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is really amazing post and I like cooking too. Looks so yummy. Have a nice day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete



  6. would love to try this!
    xx - Bambi Eyes of THE MILANO MODE

    New Post: Milan Fashion Week Day 1 @ TOD'S
    GET THIS: Jean Paul Gaultier GIVEAWAY


    ReplyDelete
  7. Love crepes so much!^^ you just made me craving for one of those, I think the last one could be fine:) Kisses dear and have a good weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you!
    really love your recipes and photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. mouth watering crepe ;-) happy crepe day to you


    www.phioxee.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love crepes but I've never tried making them before. Thanks for sharing your recipe! These all look so yummy!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ma che idea carina! Davvero complimenti!
    Buona serata! ciao :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks so delicious! I love crepes so much! Thanks for sharing!

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so cute and delicious! A dream!

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! It looks so delicious:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute recipe and great presentation.
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post + pictures! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Emmy !!! It looks delicious...

    Ivana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your food photos always come out so beautifully!

    Aisha
    www.themiddleofhere.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thats look so tasty! ?Great ideas!
    Maybe you wan to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin? Check my blog and let me know! I would love it!
    http://velvetavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete