Monday, January 7, 2013

Winter spices


Hi all & Happy New Year!
It's been a while since I last posted but I guess that for everyone the Christmas/New Year season is a pretty busy one!
This post is a little overdue as Christmas was 2 weeks ago but I thought I would share with you my 2012 gingerbread recipe. 
This year I decided to try out Martha Stewart's recipe (click here to view). I absolutely loved it and the cookies turned out simply delicious; the only modification I made was to substitute the molasses with Lyle's Golden Syrup as I am not a fan of molasses. It might sound a little strange to add pepper into a cookie dough but trust me it blends in perfectly with the rest of the spices.

In my next post I will show you the different Christmas goodies I made with the dough;) 






...And here is a little preview of my next post... can you guess what I have been baking?! ;)



15 comments:

  1. Looks super yummy. You are not too late for the Russians and the Serbians. They celebrate Christmas today. So wish you a Merry Christmas :-))
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! gorgeous pics!


    xoxo from nyc & http://www.the-beautiful-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! These photos are really great too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so delicious, can't wait to see more:) Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, looks soo yummy. happy holidays.


    How about following each other? If yes, please let me know. Have a nice day!
    http://mastylee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looks really good, looking forward to see more! :)


    www.tlnique.blogspot.com

    Enter my give-away on Fashiolista to win a €125 voucher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful photos!!! And very festive! Happy New Year! :*

    landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy new year, too!!! ♥ These pictures are so sweet, but I´m not in christmas mood right now :D ♥♥♥ S

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally amazing blog! i follow! If u want u can join my marc jacobs giveaway!
    MARC JACOBS GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hungry now! Amazing pictures!

    http://bamostwanted.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmmm, these look absolutely delish - as they say, better late than never, so thank you for sharing! Looking forward to seeing the results...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can imagine your kitchen must be filled with such delicious aromas when you're baking these.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful pics and lovely blog!!! compliments :)


    http://glamourdrama.blogspot.it/2013/01/new-in-haul-prima-giornata-di-saldi.html NEW POST!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww what a cute cut out, love baking pics, a huge fan of baking myself too, thanks for sharing the process, totes appreciated. I've just uploaded a new outfit featuring loooads of neons and metallics, quite provoking I believe, tell me if you're provoked ;)

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2013/01/neon-metal.html

    ReplyDelete